Thursday, April 28, 2011

How it all began

Since I started this late I figured I'd get you all caught up with everything leading up to this week at school. It started with what my mom calls "the cupcake that changed my life". Before I ever thought of Culinary school I loved to bake at home, some of my early attempts came out great...others not so much. But with the encouragement from my family and many baking books later I started to get the hang of it. It was one particular book that I got the recipe for the infamous cupcake. A blueberry cupcake with a maple cream cheese frosting and drizzled honey on top. My favorite taste tester, my husband Josh, thought they were amazing, super moist with great flavor I sent them to Josh's work, I call them my unofficial guinniepigs :-), and it got great feedback! At this point Josh and I had been talking about Culinary school as a "one day" thing. With all the positive feedback from his friends and co-workers, Josh thought why are we waiting? He called me at work and said "why wait? lets do it now!"; words that changed everything. We looked at schools in the area and found Le Cordon Bleu in Sacramento. I got to quit my not so amazing job so I could focus all my energy on school. Lets face it, with how hard things are right now in the world not many people get to do the things they love, they do what pays the bills. I get to pursue a career I truly love, and be happy with my job when school is done And I owe everything to a little blueberry cupcake. (And an amazing husband of course)

P.S- I've been told by my family that my Grammar and Spelling are not the best in the world. I know this, I love whoever invented spellcheck! So I hope you can look past my grammar mistakes :-).  (and things spell check missed)

No comments:

Post a Comment